WHAT IS MENSTRUATION?
Menstruation is the peeling of the inner layer of the uterus, the endometrium. When ovulation does not occur, this layer breaks and bleeds. In other words, bleeding represents the unfertilized egg for a possible pregnancy. And then, the body eliminates these remains through menstruation.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO MENSTRUATE?
Menstruating is absolutely normal, healthy, and very important to get to know yourself! Menstruation reveals a lot about how the female body is functioning and whether there is anything we can do to improve it. Menstruating is a sign that our health is good.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A HEALTHY MENSTRUATION:
The menstrual cycle usually occurs every 28 days and the normal menstrual flow ranges from 30 to 80 ml per cycle. The average duration of a menstrual cycle is 4 to 6 days.
Cramps, oddly enough, is a common symptom of healthy menstruation. It should only be analyzed by a professional if it causes severe symptoms and episodes of severe pain.
HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD I CONSULT A GYNECOLOGIST PER YEAR?
The correct thing would be to carry out routine consultations every 6 months. However, you should look for it whenever there is any change in your regular menstruation and when you want to clarify doubts.
GET TO KNOW THE CUP: WHICH SIZE TO CHOOSE?
WHAT IS A MENSTRUAL CUP?
- The menstrual cup is a silicone cup, hypoallergenic, and very flexible. A great replacement for disposable pads, as it is environmentally friendly, hygienic, economical and reusable.
- The menstrual cup is adaptable to the vaginal canal and is indicated for women from the first menstruation.
- With it, you can be protected for up to 12 hours without having to change it. A great option for anyone who wants to connect with their body, understand more about their flow, feel more free and comfortable during the menstrual cycle.
- The cup is a great buddy, as it makes your daily life much easier. With it you can do all kinds of activities without worries, as well as going to the beach, swimming pool, playing sports, wearing light clothes and even sleeping without panties!
- The menstrual cup is everything you need, practical, sustainable, and safe!
WHY SHOULD I REPLACE THE DISPOSABLE PADS WITH A CUP?
The use of the cup has gained prominence concerning the use of pads, as it does not contain harmful chemicals. Also, it is much more hygienic and considerably reduces the amount of waste generated and discharged throughout the menstrual cycle annually, being washable and reusable for a long time.
The use of a disposable pad or tampon generates unpleasant odors, as the cotton comes in contact with oxygen particles and is in direct contact with the skin, thus increasing the proliferation of bacteria. In many cases, women even report allergies.
With the cup it will not be necessary to worry about any of this, as it will form a vacuum and will not allow any kind of contact between blood and oxygen, avoiding inconvenient odors.
FOR HOW LONG CAN I USE THE CUP?
The cup can keep it for up to 12 hours straight without having to change or wash it. Also, you can go to the bathroom with no problem. The cup itself lasts for 10 years.
WHAT MODEL/SIZE SHOULD I GET?
There is no rule for choosing the specific size, but there are indications. Therefore, you will be able to analyze where it fits best and, thus, you will feel more comfortable according to your anatomy.
- Model 1 - Recommended for women between 18-30, or for those who have not given birth vaginally.
- Model 2 - Recommended for women over than 30, or for heavier flows, or any age that have given birth vaginally.